Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to SECRETDRIFT

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sign in to follow this  
Hammersmith

Diff chat

What diff do you guys run? 

I have a shimmed r200 in my 32. Was watching some GoPro footage from my last QR drive and I reckon it's holding me back from angle/speed due to the wheels not spinning at equal speeds. It's worked fine until recently. On turn 6 at QR for example, kicking the clutch in third does not push the rear out and let me use more steering. It seems to be struggling under the load. 

Traditional upgrade is a 1.5/2way. Decent used parts for all S/R chassis are hard to come across nowadays though. I'm tempted to just weld it up. 

Is there actually any benefit to a mechanical centre over welded? Keep in mind the car is track only. 

Cheers

Edited by Hammersmith

I think angle/speed could be associated more with alignment, setup and driving. Maybe post the video?
Currently I run a welded centre however that was only due to saving money at the time, I will move to a 2 way and change ratio soon.
A quick look at yahoo shows new diff centres starting at ~¥80,000 and complete used 4.3 diffs with mechanical centre for a fair bit less. 
Has anyone had experience with shipping complete diffs?
Also included these old charts, got caught out once with the Crown wheel bolt size.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg