Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to SECRETDRIFT

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sign in to follow this  
1UP Layne

Sim talk

Because i cant be the only one that likes wasting money on silly toys that don't get used.

Pretty much only play Assetto Corsa, steam id iTsJIMMY2u

Fanatec club sport gear running Oculus Rift, 

96028058_2501418496854402_3078607170221113344_n.thumb.jpg.e4f87a2f42b1c1d7d2598b4529f02996.jpg

• Like 2

Also a nerd,

fanatec csl elite, cslelite lc pedals, club sport shifter, oculus rift. 
pc is nothing special but it works, i59400f and rtx2060

pretty much only use it for ac as well haha

9 hours ago, nathanderboben said:

What computer specs you running for VR on AC?

I7 7700k and 1080TI, built in 2018 right before the RTX series came out.

I run a Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel with the thrustmaster shifter, random ebay hydro on the basic next level racing stand. I've been thinking of going vr, but I don't want to outlay the cash for it in case I don't like it.

I usually play AC, dirty rally 2.0 and a bit of iracing. 

Has anyone tried DOF Reality motion rigs? I have a GTxtreme with G27 but got sick of playing off a laptop that couldn't run VR and my monitor position was less than ideal so haven't played in yonks.

5 hours ago, ShanO said:

I run a Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel with the thrustmaster shifter, random ebay hydro on the basic next level racing stand. I've been thinking of going vr, but I don't want to outlay the cash for it in case I don't like it.

I usually play AC, dirty rally 2.0 and a bit of iracing. 

VR is a double edged sword, you're track positioning becomes much better but you can't see things as far away

Only other issue getting your "VR Legs" , you have to start off doing small sessions until your brain get use to it..... i gave myself vertigo the first time i used it: after a 7hr session i was sick for weeks. Now i can do 8hr sessions easy 

Posted (edited)

Gotta say, I’ve never had an issue with vr at all. Never felt sick or uneasy just felt natural to me. And I’m short sighted too so not being able to see far away feels normal haha

Edited by Charley

On 5/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, 1UP Layne said:

Because i cant be the only one that likes wasting money on silly toys that don't get used.

Pretty much only play Assetto Corsa, steam id iTsJIMMY2u

Fanatec club sport gear running Oculus Rift, 

96028058_2501418496854402_3078607170221113344_n.thumb.jpg.e4f87a2f42b1c1d7d2598b4529f02996.jpg

Man this set up looks rad, I’ve been looking at these for awhile contemplating wether I spend the money and build one. I’ve never actually tried one but so not sure if I’ll love it or hate it. How much does your owe you? 

7 hours ago, Jake Turner said:

Man this set up looks rad, I’ve been looking at these for awhile contemplating wether I spend the money and build one. I’ve never actually tried one but so not sure if I’ll love it or hate it. How much does your owe you? 

Around 4K for the rig (I bought it because all the price drops) not including my VR and PC.

could build this setup for around 3000-3500 these days cheaper if you have a seat and build your own frame 

• Like 1

I dabble in it.  Haven't jumped over to the PC Master race yet

My set up is PS4 Pro, Next Level Racing Rig, Thrustmaster T300RS GT, Sparco Handbrake, TH8A shifter, PS VR

Mainly play GT Sport, Dirt Rally, Wreckfest for the lolz

Played on my housemates basic rig enough decided to go get my own today. 

Super basic like his. Works great. V happy. 

20200607_141534.jpg

Looking into getting into SIM racing and drifting. 

Built fancy computer just need the sim gear now and the whole reason behind it is practice, been 10+ years since i have hit the track in my own car due to adulting. 

is there anything advice you can pass on that you would have liked to have known when building a sim rig that you know now?