Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to SECRETDRIFT

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Andrew

Push Bikes

I was looking at chopping that off haha. But I already want another set of wheels so I can have a spare set with smoother tyres for the rides to work as its mostly smooth apart from some short cuts through some parks and keep these for some trails.

What shops do you guys use for buying parts?

Pushys and my direct for local stuff. There's bikebug, cyclingdeal and the bicycle store too but pushys is in brissie, can have things next day sometimes. 

Biggest one is Wiggle/Chain Reaction Cycles but they're UK so depends what you're after and how patient you are. I got a dropper post from wiggle the other month and only took a week still. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joey said:

I was looking at chopping that off haha. But I already want another set of wheels so I can have a spare set with smoother tyres for the rides to work as its mostly smooth apart from some short cuts through some parks and keep these for some trails.

What shops do you guys use for buying parts?

+1 for all these shops. Pushys usually is unbeatable for price, if you can't find what you need, try the others mentioned. My local Giant looks after me really well too after spending a stack on my pushy. Usually helps getting to know your local shops manager too, mine turned out to be a mad dog so that was a bonus.

Iphone pic of my bike for boredom's sake 

47C6541A-FB41-4440-8C77-631551DBA4C7.jpeg

Edited by AutoflowVisuals
fucked it
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On the topic of gumbyness....

In my defence it was my first time on this trail. Confidence grew until it quickly exceeded talent.

27.5 front sus GT. That thing was a heavy pig but it took a beating

Pics of the replacement previously mentioned. Male model is more proud of it than i am

IMG_2163.thumb.JPG.538edb318112bd3f5cdaca0ab661033e.JPG

IMG_2157.thumb.JPG.1802e81aef8f3fead8e0fda08f8acfbb.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thats how I imagined myself going on a regular ride when I went from 26in to 29in 😅😅

Turns out magpie season started today. Same route to work and first time having a friend flying with me for a few blocks haha 

Edited by Joey

Well, 

Ive been training, training and training hard and riding with loads of my mates (pros/Been riding For years etc) as I wanted to race this years qld enduro series With them. Unfortunatly I drew the luck of the short straw. The day before the first round was to be held at boomers. 

I just so happen to wreck my shit, mate infront of me scrubbed the jump and put a rock clean into my line (easy 20-30ft double-high speed) I hit it just from following too closely and lack of reaction time, ended up going Through the air doing a front flip but also parallel to the ground landed pretty badly on the side of my face and rolling a few times and stopped on a tree. We originally planned on just having a chill day cause we knew we were all racing the next day So Ppe was minimal (literally just a helmet). That didn’t happen as a few others were there and the vibes were stoked. 
got knocked out for 7-10 seconds, when I came to it I ended up staying where I was laying down as I could feel pins and needles on the inside of my legs and I was winded badly. My mates diverted everyone pretty quickly thanks to being a busy trail on weekends. I couldn’t move my right arm or wiggle my toes and felt like I had no strength. Ended up getting ambos to hospital. Straight away got the neck brace on and they tied me to a stretcher. So got to the hospital and to keep it short I ended up with a broken eye socket, busted ear drum, broken right scapula, dislocated right shoulder, 4 broken ribs on my RH back side, L4 bone contusion and an L5 fracture. A lot of pinched nerves through my pelvic region. A lot, and I mean a lot of deep bruising on my body aswell as a lot of skin off everywhere and a nasty laceration on my leg. Got 14 stitches and had them taken out after 14 days, but due to the nature of the where the cut is 2 days later attempting to drive pushing the clutch in I tore it open again so back to square one. 

Unfortunatly I have no photos of anything because of covid no one was allowed in the emergency with me. It sucks, it truly does but these things take time to heal and tbh you gotta have a big dig to realise where you are mentally and physically. Been a rough few weeks but the future is looking bright and I’m on the mend. I’m itching to get back out there I miss it. 

But anywho, finally went tubeless and went to DH spec tyres. Wanted to try something different, hopefully the heavier Tyre will help with chatter in gravel situations. 

93DA1919-35FA-4CCF-9DAF-6BDF7E2188A3.jpeg

• Like 2

Jesus! Hope you heal up well, that sounds fucking horrible. 

I haven't been to boomers yet but a mate goes most weeks and is at me to go. I'm useless at jumping so keen to get there and get some progression in. 

First ride on new tyres yesterday (dhf/dhr combo) and it felt like a new bike. My old tyres came on the bike and were sooooo fucked but I didn't really know any difference. Braking performance was the first thing I noticed, then in other bits I was waaaaay inside on stuff because the old tyres would've just washed me wide. Going to take a few rides to get used to but so much better. Bought shit to go tubeless too so I'll do that one weekend. 

Missus is on maternity leave now so don't have to be done in time to pick the young bloke up, should average about 60kms a week now. 

• Like 1

Any recommendations for a entry level bike? dual suspension thingo too because like everyone I have a bad back

8 hours ago, jay70 said:

Any recommendations for a entry level bike? dual suspension thingo too because like everyone I have a bad back

New or second hand? What's your budget?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jay70 said:

Polygon bikes are pretty unbeatable for their price point. Great if your looking to test the waters of the sport too. Otherwise I can add you to a heap of MTB sales pages of FB if you wanted to look at some second hand bikes with better specs for similar prices.

• Like 1

I would like new but I just found out how expensive dual suspension bikes are haha, probably just go a hard tail 

how about a Merida big trail 200? Anything better for the price?

2 hours ago, jay70 said:

I would like new but I just found out how expensive dual suspension bikes are haha, probably just go a hard tail 

how about a Merida big trail 200? Anything better for the price?

That was the same type of thing I was looking at and ended up with a specialized rockhopper sport mainly because I got it for$800 from the local store. 

• Like 1

Yeah I looked at them when you got yours but they were out of stock everywhere, looks like they are becoming available again now

Yeah I just looked and they seem to still be out of stock online but some stores still have them in stock depending on spec and colours.

If you ever come done this way you can take mine for a ride and see what you think first 

• Like 1