Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to SECRETDRIFT

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

What's happening?

Not so much a random spam thread but what's happening? What does your day look like? Was it cool? Was it shit? Was it different? #matsuriprep? #bcfprep? 

I bought a carton of pure blonde instead of my usual 30 pack of gold cans to please my father in law while we watched the first lions game back from covid shit. Recovering from my biggest MTB ride yesterday, feels good. 

• Like 1

Spent the day being a degen and playing league. big day in the shed tomorrow though.

Just finished doing some drifting on Assetto Corsa.

Now I am trying to decide whether I should drain my bank account and buy some wheels and suspension for my WRX.

Normally I would just say fuck it and do it, but now that this covid crap has stopped all of my OT for the forseeable future money doesn't accumulate as quick as it used to. Maybe the taxman will be kind to me this year.

I went bcfing last weekend and stayed down south ballina fishing and beach driving. Was a good time.

Then thought yay 4 day week and got my carby stuff for the val and planned to do that this weekend. Friday morning rolls around and sister in law turns up with her 2013 pulsar that leaked all the coolant and she drove it until it drove no more. Sooo ended up working all day yesterday swapping the engine over after sorting one to replace it on Friday.

Then it rained today. 

Can't wait until next weekend. I will plan some good stuff that will probably not happen as well. I think either drive around in the val or take the boat out

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

Not so much a random spam thread but what's happening? What does your day look like? Was it cool? Was it shit? Was it different? #matsuriprep? #bcfprep? 

I bought a carton of pure blonde instead of my usual 30 pack of gold cans to please my father in law while we watched the first lions game back from covid shit. Recovering from my biggest MTB ride yesterday, feels good. 

How did you rate the blonde over the gold m8?

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

How did you rate the blonde over the gold m8?

Always enjoy Blondes, used to be all I drank, then they went through a stage were it was like two beers in every carton had a dud lid and they tasted rank so got the shits with them. These days I'm more just about value and longevity, a 30 pack of mids just makes more sense while I'm sitting around the house. I'm that much of a grub these days I'll even drink the warm ones until they get cold. I'm a disgrace. 

• Haha 1

I noticed the same problem with the blonde. But not bad otherwise.

Beer is my summer time drink so normally I'm drinking bourbon

Spent the weekend in wagga with harry, picked my motor up, stopped by pheasents wood and watched some drifting, dudes were killing it! Ya’ll qlders should def make the trip down

Son's 4th birthday on Saturday followed by a full day of prepping the house for an open home next weekend

The mrs has always wanted to go rural & I've wanted more garage space so we've kept an eye on the market over the past year. Then lockdown hit & working from home was the new norm so we could widen the search. Next interest rates tanked so we could bump our budget and found a 1.5 hectare place 20min up the coast the day after it was listed that fit the bill.

Got to sell our place first tho

• Like 1

I've been looking into the same sort of thing. But will probably just stay where I am forever haha

Where abouts for you live now? I hear the fishing and stuff is great in NZ and there is bulk c33 laurels.

200w.webp

• Like 1

Tauranga, more specifically Papamoa:

image.thumb.png.ce13f338a042d2916c0a4c8ab3716e75.png

image.thumb.png.7b75d3959b0233bf7ad8dc2ca178b301.png

image.thumb.png.13cf57d96963757bded4fabf7bd7ac85.png

image.thumb.png.d8700cbd0d891b976e7cc3a1473f66ac.png

The eastern coastline is sweet. West is meh due to black sand beaches from an eruption a few million years ago

Fishing has become the official religion of NZ & the prime minister is driven around in a Club S C33

You should move here

• Love 1

Its like heaven does exist

How much is the new place you are moving to worth? Might buy next door 

Current place is on the market for $730k, new place is listed for $950k but we put in an offer of $920k last night

Not too hopeful of getting it though. I get the distinct impression we're getting used by the fuckstick agents to pay for the official valuation & bump the other offer (which probably isn't conditional on a property sale). We got told "yeah plenty of time" then drop a grand on a valuation, then 4 hours after that was done get a txt saying "you need to have an offer in or vendor is pursuing the existing negotiations with the other party this evening". Mrs didn't clear it until 7:30pm because she's useless at checking her phone, but not even a fucking phone call

Got a reply saying we're still in the show but i doubt it so been hunting for something else

That's a shame if it happens. But might all come good yet.

And I was hoping NZ was cheap haha

Nah, not cheap around here. Auckland, Queenstown & Tauranga are stupid spency. If you want to live in a cheap shit hole with the mob for neighbors there's plenty of options tho

As expected got the email this morning saying other offer has been countered & accepted. Mrs is devo

What's going on Everyone? Been a bit quiet on here.

I haven't done much car related stuff to my own cars. The pacer is back together again, but haven't fired it back up yet since it is jammed in the corner of the shed behind 4 cars and a boat. But that will come back out soon to take for a drive.

Organised solar for my home finally, just need to wait for it to be fitted. Hopefully that stops those fuck heads constantly calling about if I want solar haha

And plan to take the boat out and attempt to catch fish on the weekend. Keen

Just looked at another house right next door to the one we missed out on

Cheaper & no garage, so can build my own. Putting offer in tomorrow once we've priced up what we'd need to do to get it up to our spec

Need some inspiration so will start a garage thread....

• Like 1