Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to SECRETDRIFT

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

What's happening?

Congrats bro

Funny how bcf life used to be sarcasm and now it’s actually a good time

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

We had our second baby on Monday. Baby boy named Jack, birth was straight forward enough, missus had a couple of complications after but she's on the mend. I'm on two weeks leave, we already have a 3 and a halfish year old boy, he loves the baby luckily, calls it his, but it's already hectic enough how much it has rattled his routine. He's an awesome kid but he's been pushing me this week, today was mental. 

Bro, was about to post almost the same thing. Mrs had our second (a girl) on the 16th and I'm back to work today. Birth was much easier this time around but had a little difficulty latching. Got her checked for a tongue & lip tie and sure enough she had them, so 3hr round trip to get it lasered and she's chuffing the booby juice now.

My son (4yo) is having a tricky time adjusting, but he's getting there. He had an undiagnosed lip & tongue tie for 11mths, we weren't going through that again.

On top of that we went unconditional on our house sale & house purchase last Wednesday and we settle in a month, so packing is the new family game lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bro, was about to post almost the same thing. Mrs had our second (a girl) on the 16th and I'm back to work today. Birth was much easier this time around but had a little difficulty latching. Got her checked for a tongue & lip tie and sure enough she had them, so 3hr round trip to get it lasered and she's chuffing the booby juice now.

My son (4yo) is having a tricky time adjusting, but he's getting there. He had an undiagnosed lip & tongue tie for 11mths, we weren't going through that again.

On top of that we went unconditional on our house sale & house purchase last Wednesday and we settle in a month, so packing is the new family game lol

Yeah that's way too much going on at once! Good luck! My first boy was tongue tied but they got that early and he fed awesome. The new one is all good and he has no feeding dramas thankfully, he was a week before his due date and he's pretty small, went 2.8kgs so a full kilo lighter than his brother. He seems to have night and days mixed up at the moment so he sleeps all day and wants to feed every hour or so at night but we'll get there. I'm usually up at 3:30-4ish anyway so I take him then she he has a big sleep on me from then. 

We're almost the complete opposite - mrs had to be induced. Alice was a good 3.6kg / 8lb and has been packing on the beef.

We've got a good routine in the evening - wife feeds her up and she sleeps on my chest while i Netflix/YT for 3-4hrs once my boy & wife go to bed ~7pm. Then the pass off at 11pm for a night of feed & snooze in a recliner in our room. Gives my wife a solid chunk of rest before the night feeding starts.

Wifey pops Alice in a wrap / front pack for her day naps at the moment, seems to be working well so far